Sunday, September 17, 2006

Throwing monkeys at Shakespeare...

Hello and welcome to my first blog posting.

My name is Tim Gorman and I grow the grapes and make the wine on my family's farm, Cardinal Point Vineyard and Winery. The farm and winery are in Afton, Virginia, which is along the Blue Ridge Mountains, just west of Charlottesville. It is a beautiful place and I'm fortunate to live and work here. Like everwhere the days, development is encroaching on our countryside a little, but we're still pretty "out-of-the-way" for most people.

So, my plan for this blog is to convey what is going on in my vineyard and winery on a very regular basis. This should give readers, and hopefully fans of Cardinal Point wines, some sense of what goes into making wine, the problems, successes, and pure serendipity. I'm sure that I won't be very technical nor will I always stay the course, focused on wine. Sometimes you have to tell someone about a good song you've just heard. I work alone most days so it'll be good to have a space to relate my experiences, which are often pretty funny.

2 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger Cardinal Point Wine said...

Why were you searching "cardinal point", Maisey?

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Dezel Quillen said...

Hello Tim,

Nice informative site; Cardinal Point is definitely on our list to visit, so looking forward to tasting your wines.

Keep up the great blog entries.

Happy Sipping!

Dezel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home